Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween and Day of the dead.


For Halloween, most kids are outside with their parents, and trick or treating from store to store or house to house. When I  was child, their would be times where I won't go trick or treating and other times where I would. When I did go trick or treating, i would go with my cousins and my parents. In middle school I  still celebrated Halloween, even though my sister was born and i started to loose interest in celebrating. Yes, I did loose a bit of interest because I thought that it was too much work to go outside to trick or treat, I did not consider it to be fun anymore, and I thought it was only for children. Well don't get offended. It's not for little kids, that was just my opinion. Well thats not only thing I did.

                                                                       Since I was born and raised by mexican parents, we do something different (Im mexican). We celebrate the day of the dead or dia de los muertos. We celebrate this to remind ourselves of family members that have passed away. At home my mom puts an altar and decorates it with pictures, mexican food, other decorations, and a couple of other mexican traditions to represent the person being remembered. Every year we do this to honor and remember the ones we loved.  


No comments:

Post a Comment